LOTS OF LOVE
Yes. This is still a continuation. The third step of living a love filled life is to love others, plain and simple. For a recap, the first two steps are
1. Having Love in your life (Accepting Jesus check it out at http://lovingtalkz.blogspot.com/2012/08/about-love.html )
2. Loving Yourself( It’s Okay to be Different, check it out @ http://lovingtalkz.blogspot.com/2012/08/about-love-2.html )
3. Loving Others.
You may want to ask me who the “others” are. Others means everyone that is not you. ‘Ronke wait, do you mean I need to love those who I don’t even know.’ Yes, the whole of Humanity.
The premise is from the fact that we have a God who is love and loves the whole of humanity. It is our duty to love our father’s creations, especially Human Beings ( I don’t love mosquitoes too). Then you also need to love those who hate you (sounds like a tall order). Matthew 5: 46-48 (the message Bible says) If all you do is love the lovable, do you expect a bonus? Anybody can do that. If you simply say hello to those who greet you, do you expect a medal? Any run-of-the-mill sinner does that. “In a word, what I’m saying is, Grow up. You’re kingdom subjects. Now live like it. Live out your God-created identity.
Live generously and graciously toward others, the way God lives toward you. Wow, doesn’t sound like something from the Bible, but It is We stand to gain a lot of things if we dedicate ourselves to loving others. Some include
1. Others loving you back; If I have never met you before and I come to you and smile at you intently. I can bet you will smile back even if it is mildly. That’s the law of life you get whatever you give. Do you want more love, then give more, more care, give it, more money, give out some doe. Whatever you give comes back to you.
2. You become Joyful; There is an unexplainable joy that flows from a heart filled with Love. If you love others. All those who have ever had a name that outlived them were people who showed love to others e.g Jesus, Mother Teresa, Mandela, Ghandi….e.t.c.
3. A Good Name; which is better than Riches, being a “loveful” person will give you a good reputation with others. I met my Husband in September and he proposed marriage to me in December of the same year. After we got engaged, I asked him what made him take such a decision in such a short time. He said aside from the fact that he knew God was leading him, He always heard something good about me from anyone who knew me. Is that not priceless(single sisters take note)
4. You fulfill the law; if we truly love God and Humanity, we will succeed in living a life of no sin. People have always wondered how they can fulfill the whole laws of thou shall’s and thou shall nots. Have you ever wondered if you can achieve that state of sainthood, yes you can if you can just dedicate yourself to truly loving others.
I can go on and on about what we can gain from loving others but lets me stop here. Try it and you will see that it’s a loving thing to do.
I still love You.
“Don’t pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults — unless, of course, you want the same treatment. Don’t condemn those who are down; that hardness can boomerang. Be easy on people; you’ll find life a lot easier.(from THE MESSAGE: )